Sunday, March 05, 2006

Swimming in a Winter Wonderland!?!



Jimmy had Sunday off, so we went to the Atlantis Waterpark for some fun. We arrived at Noon and it was raining. The kids wanted to swim in the outdoor pool around 1pm and it was snowing - as you can see! Only the Slovenes would think it's a good idea to swim in the snow! People were actually having snowball fights in the pool! I can't believe my family actually went out into the Artic in their bathing suits! I stayed safely inside, thank you very much. By the time we left at 4pm there was almost 6 inches of snow on the car! It took us 40 minutes to get home, it's normally a 10 minute drive. There was chaos everywhere, I've never been so happy to be inside this apartment. It's still snowing at 6 o'clock, we are knocking on a foot of snow already. I have no idea if there is such a thing as a "Snow Day" here. We've been told it is going to snow 40 - 60 centimeters, how ever much that is. It sure does sound like a lot. We'll see if Kali has school in the morning, I guess I better start making some phone calls.

No comments: