Sunday, February 28, 2010

le Jazz Hot Baby


Kali with Mr. Joe Tremaine and Jeff Amsden

Another successful weekend in Cleveland at the Tremaine Dance Convention. Kali put in a stellar performance. She has made the finals of the scholarship audition every time she's been there and she won again this year. What makes me really proud? This year she moved up an age group. She was up against 11-13 year old dancers and completely held her own. Her ballet technique gets her noticed, as it should. But it's her jazz style that makes the cut. A dancer, with great technique, who can really move, I wonder where she gets that from???? The most important thing for me is that she had so much fun! That smile is priceless.
When I asked her if she would ever be interested in dancing with Tremaine, she had the most remarkable answer. She said " If the "singing" ship sails without me, I'll climb aboard the "dance" boat." Now, that's an 11 year old with a plan!

No comments: